Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

In my heart forever . . . .

 Hellooo everyone, Tracy here today with my first attempt at using Gel Medium in my little old book. . . Gulp . . .showing bloopers and all!
Our lovely Julie picked Gel Medium for the eP Picks Challenge this month, I am soooo late getting around to mine but better late than never, right?
Best off all, you still have time to enter just click HERE for inspiration, a video tutorial by Julie and how to link up.
Here is a look at my photo transfer  halfway through { My Dad when he was younger}, so easy just watch Julie`s video on how to do this, you will love it . . . thank yoooou Julie.
  At this stage I did get impatient { who me! } and rubbed a little too much in some areas, but as I wanted a worn aged look to my journal pages it worked out just right in the end, phew!
See the patches on the left of the picture . . . that`s my bloopers, teach me to be impatient!
Heat tool to the rescue for that worn look I was after, a blast here and another here and voila the picture looked oldy worldy and as if it had been around forever.
Ooooh what`s that peeking out the side?
Wheeee, it`s the Tim Holtz Picture Wheel Bigz Die, it is soooo cute and I loooove it!
{ I can see a summer Picture Wheel mini book in my future makes . . . watch this space.}
Okay I love it so much here`s a closer look, the papers are from the
 yet another love of mine and with the help of a little Glossy Accents so easy to fix in place in an instant.
A little dash of Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Ink pads gave it that lovely aged look.
A little message for my Dad who I love to the moon and back using more of the 24/7 paper to cut out a heart, a little handwritten journaling along with a Tim Holtz sentiment from the Remnant  Rubs -words.
Oooooh I almost forgot to mention that scrummy yummy tissue paper I used, hhmmmm ... when I get my stash from Kim it comes all wrapped up in this tissue paper, how luckeeee I am!!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my aged and worn journal pages for my Dad and I hope you will give Gel Medium a go too!
Till next time
Hugs
Tracy

Materials used from the eP Store, just click on the links :
Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain 
                            Black Soot 

15 comments:

toni said...

Love your! pages love the mixture of papers and different elements, bloopers? What bloopers? They're bits of added texture! X

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creation, Tracy! Lots of sentiment and emotion I can tell, so special and wonderful to see! xoxo

HeARTworks said...

Love your journal page! I am getting itchy hands looking at your project. I am confined to bed right now with a bad cough and the only thing good about that is I have time to go around the world with my iPad. I use gel medium sometimes. It is great! Patsy

Ezetu Loveth said...

what an interesting webpage can i view this from unn.edu.ng

Mayray said...

These are nice and inspiring. More grease to your elbow.

University of Nigeria
http://unn.edu.ng

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Wowwwww loving this look never used gel yet....can see I need to get some also love that die from tim holtz see so many uses for that all in all I love your work of art so many layers so much to see love love it xxx

Redanne said...

Your journal page is brilliant and so special with a photo of your Dad. Very clever work, love it (I didn't notice any bloopers - just happy accidents!). Anne x

Unknown said...

This came out amazing Tracy!! I love all you added texture and papers, such wonderful interest!! Thanks for the shout out too- glad you enjoyed the challenge! You rocked it for sure!! :)

Teresa Jaye said...

awesome pages Tracy! love the photo transfer - it came out great and the mix of Remnant Rubs with hand written journaling is genius!

Micki said...

OMG, I totally love it. Love the vintage look and feel and I think that the transfer is awesome. Perfect for the photo and your book. I totally love it.

Donna-Marie said...

Wow!! This is sooooo special for sure :-)
Love how you added the photo to the tag then put the tag in your book. And that book...Shazam!! Love the idea of the tissue paper...ooohhh so many great inspirations....yummy

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous layers... it looks so cool and retro - wonderful distressing!
Alison xx

Annette Green said...

Wow, Tracy, your transfer turned out so good! I love your tribute album for your Dad.

Rea' said...

Fun album, love your different texture papers, so very special too!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome altered book! Love the different elements.