Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 22, 2013

Trend Setter Explosion....Box!

Hi everyone!  I am SO sorry for the lateness of today's post!  Crazy weekend!  Anyway, today I am here with an explosion box!  Have you ever made one?  Well, this is my first one!  It was so easy to construct!  Then once you choose your papers, the decor just falls in line!

So, first you start with 2 pieces of 12" x 12" cardstock.  One for the base and one for the lid.  They can be whatever you have on hand, or whatever matches your paper and embellishments.

For the bottom, you are going to score 4" from each side. 
 Next, you're going to cut out the four squares in each corner, leaving you with this:
 For the lid, you're going to take the 12" x 12" and cut it down to 8" x 8" and score 2" from each side.
Then, you are going to cut diagonally from each score line to the other, creating a triangle in each corner.  This creates your flap.  Cut ONE side of the flap so that it can be adhered to the inside of the box lid.  I learned this the hard way! 
 And now you're ready to decorate!  After I took this picture, I thought it was pretty boring, so I added black cardstock layers to each of the squares, and sponged black ink to give it some uumph!
 Here's the finished product!  I added some Tim Holtz gears for the hardware.








Thanks for your patience today!

Have a wonderful evening!

Erin

List of products:
Trend Setter 6" x 6" stack by FancyPants Designs
Trend Setter 12" x 12" Corregated Paper in Mint

Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints #3 stamp set
Spun Sugar Distress Ink by Ranger

4 comments:

Kim said...

Love the way you used the mini bags from Fancy Pants, Erin! Darling project!

toni said...

Wow fabulous exploding box! Such a lovely project thankyou for the instructions can't wait for the school holidays to start so I can get some crafty time in! I'd love to have a go at something like this !

Micki said...

Love explosion boxes and this one is fabulous. I admit I've only made one in the past. Love your instructions. Might have to try to make another one. Actually I think it would be perfect to send to my family in Germany. Great way to "wrap" up pictures.

Tracy said...

Love exploding boxes Erin,made 2 in the past ...loving your detailed instructions and I will be making one again asap..thank you sooo much Erin!
Hugs
Tracy xxxx