Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

US

Ever have those times when you start and finish a project and what you had in mind does not translate to paper?  Then, you tear it apart and start all over again?  That happened to me on this layout.  Sometimes things come naturally, other times, its forced.  Well, you should have see the "dirty" part of my layout before.  NOT pretty!  This rendition is much better and I would love to share it with you.  So, it's Mary-Ann here, about to share my labor intensive layout:o)


I sprayed three different color inks to get my desired look on my cardstock base.


Then I totally stole an idea from a fellow blogger Ashli Oliver and spread Gesso over my patterned paper at the bottom of my layout.  It helped soften the darker colors.  I hand drew in some of the arrows that I wanted to stand out.  


Layered my October Afternoon papers, stickers, A Flair for Buttons flair, My Mind's Eye enamels and October Afternoon brads.  You will see below on the completed layout that I used the same spray ink to add color to my title from Fancy Pants and wood veneers from Basic Grey.





This end result is a much more pulled together layout than the last!  Blue, gray and pink make me happy when they are together.  This photo is celebrating my 8th Mother's day because of that beautiful boy with me.  I am blessed.

Thank you for stopping in.  Below you will find a link to all the items you can purchase over at Eclectic Paperie.  





7 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful layout, Mary Ann! Love that mixed media goodness!

jengd said...

The end result is gorgeous! As a side note, I've been following EP for a while now but had NO idea you were who you are until I saw this photo of your page. I did a double take and thought, "Wait! That's CKC Button Farm Mary Ann!" :) Nice to run into you again. :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your layout Mary Ann! Those arrows add such a nice flow to your page and I LOVE how you have surrounded your photo with FAB colors and layers!

JulesinParadise said...

Mary Ann, that is one cool layout. Love all the paints and inks and they did come together so well.

toni said...

Love this layout , love the subtle sprayed colours and the lovely layering. Very cute photo too ! X

Micki said...

LOve it. You know you're my inspiration to do more scrapbooking. And I love how you incorporate the mixed media aspect into it. Great page.

Tracy said...

Loooove it Mary Ann. all the layers and the added touch of the arrows!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox