Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 3, 2014

Putting a twist on The Twelve Days of Christmas

Hey there ePers!  It's Erin here with you today, and I'm cheating today and using my project today also pulling double duty as the Altered Challenge that the delightful and creative Sue Lelli created yesterday!
I wanted to do something outside the box, and I think I achieved it w/ this particular project!
















I had such fun creating this Valentine themed project and turning this Christmas paper on it's side!  When I was flipping through the Twelve Days stack (by Graphic 45; 8" x 8"), the couple dancing caught my eye, and that's where the idea started!

I realize that I'm stretching the "heart" theme w/ the two pears or hearts together, but oh well!  It's art!  What else can I say?!  ;D













 























































 





























All I did was take pretty much one of each sheet and with my exacto knife, I cut out different elements.
The background paper was cut to size, and then I painted Matte Medium on top to give a smooth layer in which to adhere more layers.

The letters are a stencil that I have had forever.  I added a layer to further make the letters jump out and not fade into the backgrounds.

Have a wonderful day and I hope that I have inspired you to look at your Christmas or any other paper you have, in a new and different light!  The possibilities are endless!!!!

-Erin

6 comments:

Micki said...

oh great idea and I love your project. Love that you used unused wood mounts from rubber stamps. I have a gazillion of those. And since I have old holiday papers, I definitely have to look at using them in a different way. This is really gorgeous and just an all around great idea. Love it.

2amscrapper said...

great idea and project. I can see this on my shelf..... :)

toni said...

Great idea for re- purposing the papers and wood blocks! This is a lovely romantic project and wah hey! You are well ahead of time ! X

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this creation! How Clever of you! LOVE how the elements extend from the blocks! Really really FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

Fantastic project Erin, love you've incorporated the hearts, really clever ! Sue C x

Unknown said...

So creative!! I adore your blocks! I have the perfect spot for this in my house ... if you feel like sending it my way!!