Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 21, 2014

Say it with wood . . .

Hello eP friends, I hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend!
It`s Tracy here today and I am so happy to be sharing a project that comes from the heart.
I am always looking for ways to create something a little bit special for a friend or family member, to let them know I appreciate them and love them for who they are.
 Sooooo if you know me then you know how much I loooove creating art on wood . . . oh yes I do indeedy  and it just happens to be the theme for this months
be sure and check it out plus all the inspiration from the  DT and other entries here.
 My project started out as this humble chunk of wood.
 A quick pencil sketch and a new love of mine Dylusions Ink Sprayed onto my craft mat and brushed on the background . . . I love how the ink color sings.
For the skin tone I mixed a little Yellow Ochre Pan Pastel with Gesso. 
Seriously if you haven`t tried this with your PP`S then you must, once mixed it`s really creamy.
Her hair is a mixture of Black, Neutral Grey, Titanium White Pan Pastels with a littleTim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain thrown in.
 At this point I yet again got carried away, I played around adding splats, more Dylusions and a wee bit doodle doodle dooing . . . 
A few words to describe the person who will be gifted this using
Dina Wakely`s Mixed Media Stamps . . 
She is brave
She is bold
She is fierce 
in her
 love for others and will always be there for you no matter what!
Can you make out the beautiful glaze, I used a versamark ink pad then sprinkled UTEE and used a heat tool to set.
I did this 3 times for a smooth finish and she was done.
She isn`t perfect but she was created from my heart to let someone know how special they are.
A little reminder that when things are tough just how 
Fierce, Bold and Brave
 they are!!!
Do you know someone who needs a reminder?
Then grab a few supplies and a chunk of wood and make something special to remind them.
Thank you so much for looking.
Have a great week
Till next time
xoxoxo

List of materials -
Chunk of wood

11 comments:

rachel said...

wonderful piece and so very inspirational xx

glitzzy said...

This is awesome and inspiring actually adore all the work that has went into thia work of art just beautiful xx

toni said...

Ha ha ! I've been looking forward to seeing your wood piece! You are a master, this is just plain gorgeous ! ! Love how you've used the dylusions... Never would have thought of brushing them on ... No waste and love how you've sealed it with clear embossing gives the colours real depth and a silky smooth finish . Love it xx

Unknown said...

Awesome, yep that's my word for this wonderful transformation. I love this!! It makes me happy and it's a great way to cherish those you love. :) Thanks for the inspiration! xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh my Tracy! would that I could sketch like you - she looks a bit like Jackie Kennedy to me - love the hair and the blue - and so affirming for someone who might need it (or even if you don't!) a wonderful project! thanks for sharing it with us!

Traceyr said...

WOW another fabulous piece of artwork Tracy. I love the sketch and the shine from the UTEE is great.

:)

Sue Lelli said...

Tracy, I think she is Perfectly Beautiful! FABULOUS sketch and yummy colors! The words are so Fantastic, too! LOVE this!

Rea' said...

It looks so fun! I have a piece of wood that I've been starring at every since I saw the theme for the month but nothing has come to fruition yet ... a block I got from Michael's though it would be fun to play with ... we shall see!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Whimsey said...

This is sooo gorgeous, leaves me speechless!!!

Micki said...

OMG girl, I LOVE this. Love your face. She is fabulous!!!!!!!!! LOVE it.

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant - what a fabulous wooden portrait piece... she's gorgeous!
Alison x