Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 1, 2014

Graphic45 Family Clipboard

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today.

I found a 12" x 12" wood clipboard some time ago and I picked it up knowing that I'd figure out what to do with it at some point!  When I saw these awesome Graphic 45 papers, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the clipboard.

I started by inking the clipboard in ColorBox Wisteria Chalk Ink.  Then I added  Art Anthology's Velvet paint in Orchid on top to get a nice mix of color.



I chose several patterned papers from the Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments collection.  This paper is double sided so I was able to use both sides for some nice contract.  I know it's a lot of flowers, but follow along and see what I was able to create.




I added cardstock between the flowers layers for some dimension and contrast.   Because the paper is so busy, I added several cardstock mats in coordinating colors on top for the photos.  Since I'm giving this as a gift, I've left room for the recipient to add the photos.



 
The title was cut with my Cricut and I added Petaloo flowers to the "i" in Family as well as  around the large photo mat. 
 


I think the Petaloo flowers provide a nice pop and 3-d effect.  What do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 

7 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Yes...I do love the flowers!

toni said...

So pretty Steph! What a lovely idea, gorgeous paper and colour choice x

Julia Aston said...

You really prettied up that clipboard Steph - and made it a lovely place to display family photos!

Suman Pandit said...

I am so doing it !! love how you have balanced with the PP and solid colors !!

Micki said...

Hi Steph, that clipboard turned out great. Have never really worked with Colorbox inks and love how it covered the edges. the flowers and the papers all are perfect. Totally love this clipboard.

Andiepants said...

Gorgeous clipboard Steph! I ADORE Petaloo flowers too;)

Sue Lelli said...

Beautiful colors and flowers, Steph!